It is a great question and it looks like it continues to be a controversial issue. Let us share with you a few facts. These are the reasons we promote plant-based lifestyle at Nutritious You.
- Did you know that only 30% of animals on the planet are strict carnivores?
- We had our first agricultural revolution (domesticating animals) only 10,000 years ago.
- Carnivores have different jaw contractions in comparison to herbivores and humans: they have fangs and bite in a sloppy, chomping, up-and-down motion to crush their prey.
- Carnivores have short intestines so they can quickly get rid of all that rotting flesh they eat (unlike humans).
We don’t live in an era of food scarcity anymore like 10,000 years ago and earlier. We don’t require all the protein, cholesterol, and fat that comes from the meat. In fact, we believe that high protein needs are over-rated and over-marketed. Humans are currently over-consuming meat and at least 70% of population is fiber deficient. On top of that, we can survive and thrive without animal products so why not try it, or at least reduce your meat consumption. Here are some ecological reasons to consider.
- Animal agriculture is bringing at least 20% of global warming through methane gas, deforestation, and other eco-unfriendly methods. With the global population growing (it’s estimated that 7 billion people will turn into 9 billion just in a few decades), current dietary choices will lead to more destruction. We need to look for new methods of survival for the future of our families.
- Did you know that switching to a vegan diet is more beneficial to the survival of the planet than driving an electric car?
We are promoting new and urgent methods of living that will benefit the planet.
Let’s save the world, one plate at a time! ???