We are officially green! Not only did we get approved right away by Sarasota county, but we were complemented on our eco-conscious practices and efforts as one of the best businesses in the area. Here are a few things we have done so far:
- our packaging is 90% compostable and 10% recyclable. We are working on to become 98% compostable by the end of 2015. We choose this more expensive type of packaging not only because we want it to eventually get composted in the landfill, but we also don’t want to use petroleum and other chemicals in the production of regular plastic.
- energy efficient closet to contain heat to use less electricity.
- efficient use of lights installed so only the rooms that need light can be lit.
- installed new water heater and a/c unit.
- strict recycling practices are in place to collectively separate hard and soft plastic, metal, cardboards/paper, etc.
- at least 50% of our juice pulp is converted into local’s favorite VeggiePulp cracker with great health benefits. We are looking for local places that would like to take the other 50% of food scraps for their own composting needs.
- a/c temperatures turned up when we leave for the energy conservancy.
- reverse osmosis and alkalizing filter is installed so our employees and customers can have the cleanest water. We use this water also to soak our seeds and nuts for increased nutrient-density.
- using only soaps and cleaning supplies that do not have abrasive chemicals and eco-friendly.
- in the process of implementing Eco-You discount for those customers that bring their own containers, tumblers, and bags.
If you have any more ideas on how we can improve our operations, we would love to hear from you!
Check us out on the Sarasota County Website by going to June 2015 Certified Green Partners and finding the write up about us in the alphabetical order.